Monday, December 12, 2011

Outdoor Holiday Containers


I love creating these outdoor compositions that last throughout the holidays and beyond. With mixed evergreens, different types of berries, dried plant material and odds and ends I create unique festive arrangements tailored to a client or the architecture of the home or business.


The first few shots were containers I designed for clients whom are Jewish and loved the idea of winter containers so I came up with a sophisticated color palette of greens, golds and browns.


Magnolia, Yellow Holly, Boxwood, and dried artichokes and tree fungi, gave a fine detail to the compositions.


The next two are simple and classic containers that I prefer for my own decorating. Mixed evergreens with Winterberry and Pine Cones.

 

This next project was a fun one! This client owns a great hip clothing store in Boonton, New Jersey. I designed the containers out in front of her windows out of old shipping crates. I was a little stumped to what I could do for the winter season until I rolled up and saw her blue and purple Christmas balls hanging in the window.



It then all came together for me. The basic mixed greens were the base but I used natural and dyed blue magnolia leaves and purple eucalyptus and different purple toned glass balls. She loved it!



Apples and cabbage for holiday decorating? I think it really works and the little obelisks complete the scene. This was my sort of a take on a colonial country Christmas.



Now the following images are total colonial Williamsburg. Nothing says welcome like a pineapple and that is just what I did, along with lemons and clementines.




The home is trimmed in copper as well as all the lighting including the mailbox as well. The magnolia leaves and lotus seed heads pick up on those notes and the yellows and oranges make the whole thing pop. It is a bold rich look but suits this home.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment